Position Overview: Top-Notch Client seeks Bankruptcy Paralegal for their Dallas OR Houston office. This is a full-time role and this person will assist in various stages of the bankruptcy process and support attorneys in the Commercial Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice involving Chapter 11 cases and related litigation. The essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafts shell/non-substantive notices, motions, affidavits, orders, briefs, and other court filings based on past precedent and drafts bankruptcy petitions.
- Uses Pacer, Relativity, and other bankruptcy and litigation management resources.
- Pulls cases on Westlaw and Lexis and cite-checks – “Blue booking”.
- Monitors dockets for relevant pleadings, conducts docket searches, pulls and organizes docket filings.
- Prepares attorneys for hearings, including organizing exhibits and preparing hearing binders.
- Files documents with the courts.
- Prepares fee applications.
- Files proofs of claim.
- Monitors dockets for committee formations.
- Monitors various resources for distressed portfolio companies.
- Identifies opportunities for attendance and sponsorship of restructuring events.
- Prepares and coordinates business development opportunities.
- Billable hours requirement is 1650 hours.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal Certificate preferred. 5+ years of experience and a strong background in commercial bankruptcy required. Strong demonstrated knowledge of legal terminology, legal documents, the legal process, electronic case filing, and electronic research technology (LexisNexis, Westlaw, Internet, etc.). Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and various other software and databases. Self-starter and team-oriented, with an ability to work across offices via virtual connection or occasional travel. Excellent interpersonal skills; meticulous attention to detail; strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and anticipate needs. Service-oriented attitude and explicit ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Requires regular and predictable attendance during assigned work schedule.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume to email@example.com.