Position Overview: The Houston office of a premier downtown law firm is seeking an Office Services Manager that will coordinate and provide Office Services/Conference Center and Facilities support under the general supervision of the Office Administrator and the Director of Facilities.
- Responds to building and maintenance problems for the Houston office. Reports and follows-up with building engineering to ensure a timely response.
- Acts as a liaison between vendors and the firm. Coordinates and schedules deliveries and services; interviews and collects bid information. Orders refreshments and vending machine goods.
- Schedules and coordinates appliance, millwork, file cabinet, plant service and general facility repairs.
- Provides oversight of all aspects of the Conference Center, including the ordering of meals for lunches, meetings, and special events for attorneys, staff and clients.
- Programs and maintains security system, access keys and a list of current employees. Approves and issues security access/clearance letters to firm facility and building.
- Coordinates the office/station set-up for new employees.
- Orders and maintains office supplies for the Houston office. Coordinates weekly ordering of housekeeping supplies. Reconciles invoices and submits to Office Administrator.
- Coordinates CPR training and maintains disabled personnel and fire floor warden lists.
- Writes purchase orders, approves and codes vendor invoices and enters them in Chrome River.
- Acts as a liaison between the firm and building management and building security.
- Assists with duplicate and binding projects as directed by secretaries, paralegals and attorneys.
- Works with internal clients and the Client Services Manager to plan standard and special events, documenting such events within the reservation system.
- Provides oversight of meeting room bookings, utilizing the reservation systems and focusing on the strategic assignment of meeting space so as to maximize utilization.
- Supervises staff and oversees day-to day operations of Office Services/Conference Center and Facilities.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as directed.
Minimum Qualifications:High school diploma or equivalent is required with a minimum of two (2) years project management and supervisory related experience. Law firm experience preferred. Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with lawyers, staff and peers. Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks efficiently. Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage a wide variety of responsibilities. Should exercise good judgement, be well organized and have excellent communication skills. Requires regular and predictable attendance during the assigned work schedule.