Houston Texas based premier global law firm is searching for a Legal Support Supervisor who will be responsible for the staffing and supervision of administrative staff in assigned practice groups. Additional responsibilities include the facilitation of administrative functions within assigned practice groups.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees support staff workloads to ensure balance and effectiveness; assigns and adjusts professional assistant/attorney assignments; provides timely and appropriate solutions to workload issues; manages PTO requests and approves timesheets.
- Coordinates office space assignments with the Facilities Department and manages file/project workroom space; coordinates staff and attorney moves including those related to summer associate arrivals and departures, additions and changes, including equipment.
- Coordinates staffing and office space when needed for visiting attorneys and administrative staff. .
- Works with Conference Services and any other relevant administrative departments to coordinate events in, or on behalf of, assigned practice groups..
- Coordinates local support staff recruitment needs, including reviewing resumes, interviewing candidates, coordinating orientation and training, and following up with the onboarding process.
- Monitors practice group support staff work performance and workflow and makes recommendations as needed; works in conjunction with Human Resources to facilitate counseling meetings; recommends disciplinary actions when appropriate; prepares evaluations for direct reports and practice group support staff; gathers appropriate input from evaluators.
- Coordinates with Human Resources on various functions including wellness, staff appreciation and milestone events; maintains files and keeps files current.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Two years supervisory experience in a law firm or similar environment required. Previous office coordination/management experience preferred.
Special Knowledge: Current knowledge and understanding of federal and state laws and regulations.
Technical Skills: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and other Microsoft Office applications preferred.
Attributes: Ability to communicate both written and verbally with all levels of employees and partners ; ability to work well in situations that require diplomacy and confidentiality attention to detail, strong organizational skills; ability to contribute positively to the office culture and morale
Other Qualifications: Employee counseling and coaching skills. Ability to work well under pressure, see projects through to completion and maintain confidentiality.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Long hours are required periodically as well as occasional weekends.