A global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Legal Secretary to join their winning team, located in Houston. The success of the firm is largely determined by their commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides clients with the highest quality of work and service. They are driven by their core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Legal Secretary will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in the firm’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
You will perform a variety of secretarial duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature for attorneys and/or paralegals.
- Performing complete secretarial functions for attorneys and/or paralegals requiring knowledge of format, procedure, and specialized terminology
- Researching and obtaining a wide variety of information or documents requested by attorneys and/or paralegals
- Transcribing and proofreading materials from shorthand, notes, tapes and drafts
- Composing materials such as correspondence, minutes, real estate, and finance documents and general forms
- Maintaining and tracking schedules and calendars for attorneys
- Arranging meetings and conference calls; may order meals, refreshments, and equipment as requested
- Coordinating travel arrangements; updating attorneys concerning mail and phone messages while traveling
- Drafting, revising, and submitting client billings; may contact clients regarding delinquent bills
- Processessing expenses and/or invoices for payment
- Arranging for faxes, copying, and messenger service
- Arranging and maintaining chronological client report files
- Greeting and screening visitors, determining the nature of contact, and providing appropriate information; assisting visiting clients with secretarial support needs
- Assisting with special projects as necessary
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers.
The successful Legal Secretary has a high school diploma or equivalent, with college or business school coursework desired. He or she should have five (5) years of legal secretarial experience to interpret law office policies and procedures and produce accurate legal documents with minimal supervision. The Secretary must have excellent verbal communication skills and speak English clearly. The Secretary must type at a competitive speed and be proficient in PC applications, including word processing and spreadsheet software.